Thursday, April 17, 2008

So Close...

...yet so far away. The Se7en has arrived in the Houston area. It sits at the shipping terminal at this moment, waiting for me to pick it up. Unfortunately, I can't go get it tomorrow. Looks like Monday will be the day, as the terminal isn't open on weekends.

As a follow-up to yesterday's post regarding cost-cutting measures that I plan to employ for the build, I have decided not to skimp on the shocks. I did quite a bit of reading on the locostusa.com forums, and many of the successful builders (the ones that have completed cars) have the same advice: don't skimp on the shocks. Basically, their opinion is that eBay or homebrew "mystery shocks" won't likely give the performance that the car is famous for because they're almost certainly not matched well to the car. I'm building this car to handle like a Se7en should. While I can deal with Miata gauges, steel floors, tacky seats, all season tires, and spray painted bodywork, I'll be damned if I'm going to spend the time building a car that doesn't handle like it's supposed to. Handling is the whole point of a Se7en, so I'm going to set it up correctly. I had better start saving my pennies for those $740 QA1's. *gulp*

Here are a few teaser pics of the goodies being packed up in Nebraska late last week:


No comments: