Sunday, August 31, 2008

Get on the Floor and Do the New Kids' Dance

Earlier this week I got my steel sheet shipment, consisting of 16 ga. and 18 ga. mild steel sheet, from metaldepot.com .

Saturday was mostly taken up by an emergency at work, so no Se7en progress was made.

So far today (and I ain't done yet), I've made great progress, however! Most of the floor is cut and tacked into place, as well as two of the Aussie stiffening mods. 16 ga. sheet was used for the "nose gusset" as well as the two "engine torque gussets." The footbox floors also received 16 ga. sheet. The rear section of the floors (where the seats will be) are 18 ga. in order to save weight.










I also made an attempt to make my own seats out of fiberglass... I've not abandoned it yet, but they're not exactly turning out great so far.


Stay tuned for further work...

No comments: