Friday, December 31, 2010

Wow, what happened?

Approximately one month after my previous post, I sold my Seven project. Continuing uncertainty at work, and in the world economy as a whole, precluded spending money on something like the Seven. Turns out it was a smart move. Two months later, my company announced that our plant was closing and that the entire workforce, myself included, would be laid off. Fortunately, I was able to find a job in consulting before my employment ended, and have since landed a different position back in an industrial setting (where I am happiest). The world economy hasn't exactly recovered as I have, but fortunately we have been able to shrug off those effects. (My wife also landed a full-time professorship at a local college during this time!)

So, why post on this blog after a two-year hiatus? Well, it's time to add lightness again. This time, it's not going to be a Seven project. I just didn't feel motivated to start over from square one on the exact same thing, despite how much I like Sevens. I'll be creating a mid-engine sports racer using some vintage Beach Mk4 body panels that I'm getting from Wirewheel.com. They come attached to a chassis (non-original), but I will be surprised if much is usable from that pile of rust.



The shipper has picked the car up from Florida, and is hurtling toward Texas as we speak (I think... perhaps he decided to stay and enjoy the weather). Hopefully, I'll have the "car" before the weekend is out!

No comments: