Monday, April 7, 2008

4/6/08 - Spray Paint and Hammers

Quick blog entry before work... yesterday I cleaned up most of my workbench (no pics yet) and took a hammer to my Grant GT wheel.

I bought this thing at a garage sale a couple of years back for $5 or $10, and discovered that is was a little bent after I installed it on my '86 MR2. The hub is not on the same plane as the rim. Well, after several blows with a hammer, it's closer.






The wheel is easily removable, so if there needs to be anymore "adjustment," I'll do it after it's been on the car and I've had a chance to test drive it.


The other project for yesterday (aside from changing the oil in the WRX) was to wire brush and spray paint the radiator and fan shroud from the Swift GT.


Nice! That radiator will have to go eventually, though. Looks like there was a little patch repair done in a couple of places -- and not very well. I'll use it to get the car on the road, though, as it does hold water.

No comments: